AAM: Getty International Program
The AAM-Getty International Program is a professional growth opportunity that provides financial support to non-U.S. museum professionals to attend the AAM Annual Meeting and MuseumExpo. The Review Committee reads applications and selects the most qualified applicants from a talented and diverse pool of museum colleagues. Selected participants receive:
* Complimentary conference registration
* Travel stipend for airfare and per diem
* Up to six nights complimentary lodging at official host conference hotel
* Orientation session exclusively for international program participants
* Invitation to the AAM-Getty International Program Breakfast and Global Leadership Reception
* Participation in exclusive on-site Leadership and Career Management workshop (May 6)
In addition, Participants will also receive:
* One year complimentary professional membership in AAM (http://aam-us.org/membership/more-information/individual-membership/benefits-table)
* Access to many career resources (http://aam-us.org/resources/careers)
* Eligibility to join and participate in Professional Networks (http://aam-us.org/resources/professional-networks)
* Complimentary copy of the publication A Life in Museums; Managing Your Museum Career
Applications for the 2017 AAM Annual Meeting are due on Monday, January 30, 2017.
Non-US professionals currently working in museums may apply for the AAM-Getty International Program. Individuals must work in an art museum or work with art collections in a museum in countries with developing or emerging economies. Individuals who have not previously participated in the AAM-Getty International Program will be given preference. (http://aam-us.org/docs/default-source/annual-meeting/developing-or-emerging-economies.pdf)
Requirements of Program Participants
* Participants are required to attend the entire Annual Meeting, AAM-Getty International Program Orientation, AAM-Getty International Program Breakfast and Leadership and Career Management workshop.
* Participants are expected to stay in the AAM officially designated hotel.
Program Participants are also strongly encouraged to join in the following educational and networking activities:
* New Member Orientation session
* First-Time Attendees Welcome session
* General Sessions
* Emerging Innovators Forum
* Professional Networks Marketplace of Ideas
After the conference, AAM-Getty International Program Participants are required to submit an evaluation survey on their Annual Meeting experience.
How to Apply
Applicants submit their application via an online process. Individuals are encouraged to compile their application materials before starting the online process. Applicants will not be able to save and return to complete their application later. The Review Committee will not consider incomplete or late applications.
To complete the online application by Monday, January 30, 2017:
* Prepare and submit a single PDF document in English with the following:
1. Essay (no longer than 500 words) addressing the following questions:
How will your participation at the conference contribute to the rich, diverse conversation at the Annual Meeting?
How will your participation at the conference contribute to your professional growth and experience?
How will you plan to share knowledge from the conference in your work, institution and more broadly?
2. Case Study Presentation: Write a case study description on a unique or innovative project, program, activity or research you are involved in at your museum that you would like to discuss at the AAM annual meeting. The case study title and description not to exceed three sentences.
3. Resume or curriculum vitae (2-3 page limit)
4. Letter of recommendation by a supervisor or employer articulating how your attendance at the Annual Meeting will benefit you, your institution and the broader museum field. Only one letter is required.
* Login to the AAM-Getty International Program Application Form (http://icom.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=da364b2c79d3ecca748d5cf99&id=8f446ca6e2&e=17603edb3e)
* Create a new login profile or review your existing profile for accuracy and complete the demographic information.
* Provide the estimated airfare costs to fly roundtrip to St. Louis, MO (coach-class) May 5- May 10 in the application. Please be as accurate as possible on your estimated airfare costs as the travel subsidy will not exceed the estimated airfare costs provided on the application.
* Upload your required PDF document to include: essay, resume, proposed case study description, and recommendation letter
* Insert your first and last name in the Description field.
* Review your application to be sure all information is accurate and complete. Applicants will not be able to save and return to complete their application later.
* Click the Submit button.
AAM will notify applicants via email of their application status by February 24, 2017.
Confirmation and Conference Registration AAM-Getty International Program Participants recipients must:
* Sign and return AAM-Getty International Program Terms & Conditions Agreement no later than March 3, 2017.
Once AAM receives the agreement form we will:
* Issue a special code with instructions to participants on how to register for complimentary Annual Meeting registration and purchase additional event tickets that are not included in the award.
* Please note: These awards are non-transferable. Participants are responsible for all costs for obtaining a passport (and a visa, if necessary). Airline reservations will be made by AAM’s official travel agency unless extenuating circumstances require alternate arrangements.
* Contact Membership@aam-us.org or phone (202-289-1818) if you need assistance with your login or membership.
* Contact Registration@aam-us.org with Annual Meeting registration related questions.
* Contact email@example.com with AAM-Getty International Program related questions.
Our mailing address is:
1000 Potomac Street NW
Washington, DC 20007